Leadership & Mentoring program - it's time to find our 2020 participants
Are you a dynamic, motivated female Australia Awards scholar from the Pacific who is interested in leadership and committed to making a difference in your community, country and region...
Applications for the Women's Leadership Initiative 2020 Leadership and Mentoring program are now being reviewed.
Applications closed on Sunday 13 October 2019 and successful applicants are expected to be offered a place on the 2020 program in early November 2019.
Participants who are selected will embark on a series of exclusive learning experiences over 18 months to develop their leadership networks and capabilities. They will forge lasting connections with other female scholars from Pacific countries and with prominent leaders and academics from Australia and the Pacific.
Successful applicants will:
- Complete two week-long leadership intensives; one in February (in Canberra / ACT) and one in September 2020 (in Queensland). These include a range of outdoor, classroom and other learning experiences.
- Be mentored by an Australian woman leader who will be matched to their academic, professional and leadership interests and ambitions.
- Have access to one-on-one leadership coaching, academics and subject matter experts to help build their knowledge, apply their learning and improve your leadership practice.
- Develop a range of skills, networks and competencies that will make each woman an effective, ethical leader of developmental change.
- Be invited to share experiences with other scholars and leaders at a range of learning and networking events and activities.
- Be eligible to apply for a Tier 3 workplace Internship, open only to successful graduates of the Tier 2 Leadership and Mentoring program.
“This program has been thought provoking. It challenges me to think differently and do things differently. I love this program because the content was relevant for me. I was looking for something to help me with my leadership skills. And I’m satisfied with the learnings I took home.” 2019 participant.
“The highlight was … everything, from meeting amazing Pacific women, the bonding, sharing, learning and meeting mentors.” 2018 participant