Applicants are required to complete and submit the online application form in one sitting. You cannot save as you go.
Please have the following ready before you start the application form:
|1.||Up-to-date curriculum vitae / resume||(In Word or PDF)|
|2.||Passport biodata page||(JPEG or PDF, less than 2MB)|
|3.||Recent head shot photo for publicity purposes||(JPEG, less than 2MB)|
|4.||Contact details of two referees||(Name, relationship to participant, phone number, email address)|
|5.||Draft answers to longform questions||(Listed below)|
Before starting the application, think about (and draft your thoughts on) the following:
- Leadership is not only management roles and work titles; it is all the roles that you hold in your home, school, community and workplace. Be ready to detail all the leadership roles you have held.
- Have a clear idea of your own leadership ambitions and the type of development issues on which you would like to lead change.
- We are interested in all development issues, not only those that are gender-based; think broadly and tell us about a development issue in your community, country or region that really interests you.
- You will be asked to explain how you would address this development issue during the program. Be ready to outline the issue and your plan to tackle it (or a small part of it). Think about what actitivities you would undertake, expected outcomes, possible timeframes, potential stakeholders, who in your existing network can already help, what is already is being done in the region, and why this issue is important to you.
- To have a good understanding about the Leadership & Mentoring program, read through the profiles of current and past Women's Leadership Initiative participants and download and read the online Women's Leadership Initiative documents.
- If possible, attend a Learning & Networking event, ask questions, and network with organisers, the panel, and the audience.
- If you know a current or past participant, talk to them about the program and how to strengthen your application.
- Get a friend or colleague to proofread your draft answers to the longform questions (below).
- Double check your spelling and grammar before you submit your application.
Longform questions you will find in the application:
|4.1||Briefly describe any leadership roles you have had, either in your education, professional life, or in your community. What did you learn from your experience(s).|
|4.2||Please describe any major achievements associated with your education, professional or community experience (paid or unpaid). This can include awards or scholarships.|
Why do you want to undertake this leadership development program?
|8.2||What are the particular issues affecting your community or country that would benefit from stronger leadership?|
What impact do you feel you currently have as a leader?
|8.4||What leadership impact would you like to have in your community or country as a result of your participation in this leadership development program?|
|8.5||If you could identify one development issue or challenge (in your home country or in Australia) on which you would like to make a difference as a leader over the next 18 months, what would this issue /area be?|
What skills do you hope to gain from WLI to help you to address this issue / challenge?